Top 4 Pumpkin Cookie Recipes

Fall is in the air and I love it. 
What better way to celebrate fall then with everything pumpkin??
Pumpkin Smells, Pumpkin cookies, pumpkin soap, pumpkin pie... I can keep going if you want... okay.. . I'll spare you.

It wasn't until the last year or so that I actually began to enjoy pumpkin. Pumpkin can be pretty expensive to buy. Especially the kind you bake with. 

This year we were able to go to Linder Farms and pick out some pumpkins of our own and I picked one out that I would actually be able to cook and puree so I could make fresh pumpkin cookies and bread! I had never actually made pumpkin cookies before and I wanted to make sure that I picked and found a recipe that I could love and make a tradition. 

I googled a few pumpkin cookie recipes and picked 4 favorites so that I could easily Half them! 

Here are the results of what I discovered! 

I do have to admit that each cookie was different and each one had at least one unique ingredient which was a really interesting part of this experiment. 


This was the base of pretty much all the recipes. 


Pumpkin Cookie Recipe 1: Two Twenty-One

When I think of pumpkin cookies this texture was on par. The dough was pretty soupy so I was worried that the cookies would come out flat but were shockingly fluffy.  I was honestly not super impressed with the flavor of these cookies fresh, but they were actually my favorite ones the next day. If you are looking for cookies that taste good fresh, probably not the cookie for you, but if you need to make a lot of cookies in advance this is certainly the cookie for you.

Unique ingrediant: Cinnamon





 Pumpkin Cookie Recipe 2: Very Best Baking

So I kind of messed these up which was a major bummer because I think they would have been super great fresh. The dough of this one was pretty dry. I thought for sure I had messed something up but they turned out okay. This recipe only calls for baking soda which is pretty common but I read it wrong and put baking powder in it... I could taste the baking powder pretty bad even after they were cooked. The other bummer about these is that they tasted more like chocolate chip cookies with a hint of Pumpkin. I wish the pumpkin was a little stronger. 

Unique ingredient: This one doesn't really have one




Pumpkin Cookie Recipe 3: Taste of Home

This one was, unfortunately, a disappointment all around. I typically love oats so I was excited that this one called for it but it ended up being sad. These cookies were flat which I wasn't a fan of and the dough was extremely sticky. The one good thing about these is that they were really soft. 

Unique Ingredient: Quick Cooking Oats


 Pumpkin Cookie Recipe 4: Sallys Baking Addiction

These were probably an all-around favorite. They were good fresh and they were probably just as good the next day. My favorite part about these is the spice. I love a little spice in my pumpkin cookies and these had just the right amount, plus they had the perfect amount of chocolate chips. 
If you are looking to try any of these recipes try this one first. 

Unique Ingredient: Nutmeg 

If you try any of these let me know your thoughts! 

These are some of my favorite things to use while baking!
Click directly on the link to take you to amazon.



Baking mats are probably          Cookie scoops
one of my very favorite              are also a thing
kitchen inventions.                    I am a fan of.
These make clean up soo          They make your
easy and keep your metal      cookie sizes all the same
trays looking nice and
shiny.                                 


                                        

Comments

Popular Posts